Kia Sonet is a 5 seater SUV car available at a price range of Rs. 6.95 Lakh to 13.69 Lakh in India. It is available in 27 variants and 10 colours. Kia Sonet comes with BS6 compliant petrol and diesel engine options. The Sonet has a boot space of 392 litres. The petrol engine of Sonet is a 1197cc unit and 998cc unit which generates a power of 81.86bhp and a torque of 115nm. The 1493cc diesel engine of Sonet puts out 81.86bhp of power and 115nm of torque. The Sonet is available in 2 transmission options: manual and automatic. The mileage of Sonet is 18.4kmpl.
Kia Sonet Latest Updates
January 06, 2022: The Kia Sonet’s Beige Gold and Beige Gold with black roof body shades have now been axed. With this, the SUV is available in six mono-tone and two dual-tone colour options.
Kia Sonet Engine
Kia Sonet Variants
Kia offers the Sonet in a total of six variants within the Tech Line and GT Line trims: HTE, HTK, HTK+, HTX, HTX+, and GTX+. It is also available in an Anniversary Edition, a new limited edition model, which is based on the HTX trim.
The Tech Line takes a more elegant approach to its design while the GT Line adds a dose of sportiness with several red inserts and GT Line badging inside and out.
The SUV comes in six monotone (Intense Red, Aurora Black Pearl, Intelligency Blue, Gravity Grey, Steel Silver, and Glacier White Pearl) and two dual tone (Intense Red / Aurora Black Pearl roof and Glacier White Pearl / Aurora Black Pearl roof)
Kia Sonet Features
Kia Sonet Competitors
Kia Sonet PriceSonet price starts from Rs. 6.95 Lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). Sonet comes in 27 variants with 10 colour options. The price of Sonet petrol models ranges between Rs. 6.95 Lakh to Rs. 13.09 Lakh while the price of Sonet diesel models start at Rs. 8.65 Lakh and the top diesel model is priced at Rs. 13.69 Lakh. Sonet automatic models starts from Rs. 10.89 Lakh and comes in 8 variants to choose among.
- Petrol (14 Variants)
- Diesel (13 Variants)
- Manual (18 Variants)
- Automatic (9 Variants)
18.4 Kmpl . Petrol . Manual
|Rs. 6.95 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price View On Road Price||View March Offers|
18.4 Kmpl . Petrol . Manual
|Rs. 7.95 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price View On Road Price||View March Offers|
1.5 HTE Diesel
1493 cc . Diesel . Manual
|Rs. 8.65 Lakh Ex-Showroom Price View On Road Price||View March Offers|
Looking for Loan on Kia SonetEMI Calculator Explore finance Option
What is good and bad in Sonet?
Like the concept, the production spec Sonet looks curvy and powerful. Lots of variants to choose from and even a diesel auto is on the cards. Like the Seltos the interiors don't disappoint either. Long features list includes ventilated seats
The waiting period most definitly is going to be painfully long
The Sonet looks sure to raise the bar a fair few notches for the segment
Sonet Expert's Review
The Sonet’s feature list has got everyone excited, but can the drive experience build on the hype of the brochure?Full Review
Sonet User Reviews
This is a nice car, Peppy diesel, Good compact suv for city and everyday driving.Doesn't give the confidence of doing good speeds on the highway.But easily maneuver's in traffic and compact spaces in the city.
Kia sonet comes wait an engine of 998 to 1493cc.But still we have some alternatives they are, Hundai venue, Tata nexon, Mahindra xuv 300, Nissan magnite, Maruti suzuki vitara brezza, Kia seltos, Renault kiger, And tata punch.Looks good in both exterior and interior department, So many engine options to choose from, Good list of features specifically in the higher versions.
It's comfort level is very great, It's us made for a family purpose, This car also a road king at that price, This gone be crazy i saw so many video on youtube also
The driving experience is smooth, Engine vibration is negligible, Car has high ground clearance and big tires which make driving hassle free, Size of the vehicle is very compact which makes city driving a pleasure.The best thing about the car is imt gearbox it is surprisingly good in what it does and in heavy traffic it seems i am driving a complete automatic.The wrost thing about it is my car has bose tuned hd screen, Which is unusable as android auto feature on this thing sucks this feature has no use as i cannot use jio savvan, Yt music or screen mirroring in this model.The engine performance is great triple digit speed comes very easily, Beakes are assuring but some times i feel abs kicking in early even if i have braked softly.Gearbox is amazing, Built quality is doubt full as it is yet to be tested in ncap, Seat comfort is great.After sale service till now is good not experienced any problem only have done 1st service so no complain.
I have kia sonet htx, I could say kia sonet is a feature packed car in this price range.This car is having all the features you would need in a car.
Kia Sonet Images
- 4 more
Kia Sonet Colours
- Glacier White Pearl With Aurora Black Pearl
- Beige Gold With Aurora Black Pearl
- Glacier White Pearl
- Steel Silver
- Gravity Gray
- Intense Red
- Aurora Black Pearl
- Intelligence Blue
- Beige Gold
- Intense Red With Aurora Black Pearl
Kia Sonet Mileage
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Claimed||User Reported
This is the real mileage given by maximum number of Sonet owners
|Diesel||Automatic||24.1 Kmpl||13 Kmpl|
|Diesel||Manual||24.1 Kmpl||20 Kmpl|
|Petrol||Automatic||18.3 Kmpl||18 Kmpl|
|Petrol||Manual||18.4 Kmpl||16 Kmpl|
12 Oct, 202019323 views
- Kia Sonet shares its base with the Hyundai Venue but offers a very different... read more
11 Sep, 202015824 views
Kia Sonet 2020 Review: Kia’s sub-4m SUV is going to be launched on the 18th... read more
8 Aug, 202010021 views
- The Kia Sonet is Kia’s 3rd car and most affordable car for India - The Kia... read more
7 Aug, 20206641 views
- The Kia Sonet gets a lot of its features and appeal from the Kia Seltos - The... read more
Kia Sonet News Updates
Must Read Questions & Answers Before Buying Sonet
- Kia Sonet Diesel AT anniversary edition features 2 airbags.
- HTE is the base variant of Kia Sonet. This variant is offered with two engines: A 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol (with a 5-speed manual) and 1.5-litre diesel. It is priced from 6.95 Lakh (Ex-showroom Price in New Delhi). Follow the link for an approximate on-road price in Delhi. This variant features Power Adjustable Exterior Rear View Mirror, Power Windows Front, Power Steering, etc.
- Automatic Climate Control, Remote Engine Start/Stop, Smart Access Card Entry, Engine Start Stop Button, One Touch Operating Power Window (Driver's Window), Door Ajar Warning, Automatic Headlamps, Rear Camera, Anti Pinch Power Windows (Driver's Window), Touch Screen, Touch Screen Size 8 Inch, Connectivity Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Additional Features (UVO connected car with OTA, Smartwatch connectivity App, UVO lite, BOSE Premium 7 Speaker System with Dynamic Speed Compensation, 2 Tweeter, Sub Woofer, Bluetooth Multi Connection), these are the feature available in 1.5 HTK Plus Diesel, Whereas 1.5 HTK Diesel is not equipped with such features.Read more: [Sonet 1.5 HTK Diesel vs Sonet 1.5 HTK Plus Diesel@https://www.zigwheels.com/compare-cars/kia-sonet-1.5-htk-diesel-vs-kia-sonet-1.5-htk-plus-diesel
- Same i booked at the same place on oct 22nd.. I booked GTX DCt petrol variant. I was assured delivery on 16th December 2020 but as of today 4th Feb 2021 they have nothing to say and yet if you call as a new customer they assure you 8 -10 weeks delivery. Is there noone who can give a more clear picture of wth is going on? And if this is whats happening before even getting the car I wonder what kind of service they will proved after sales.. im so conflicted .. whether to wait or move on.Do we as customers don't deserve even a proper reply? Can kia not even be bothered to explain the delay and the tentative date or time line for us to expect rather than people who have paid hard earned money in advance to need to keep visiting their showroom for a reply only to return home even more confused and disappointed?
- I have booked Kia Sonet HTX+, Diesel, dual Tone (Red & Black) on 22.09.2020 r with Rajesh Motors, Ajmer Road, at Jaipur. At the time of booking, I was assured for a delivery within 6-7 weeks of period. After 87 days of booking, no one has ready to a satisfactory reply of such delay. Contacted their call Centre, mailed at email@example.com and also their higher offices but all were found busy in booking only saying again a lie for assured delivery in the committed waiting period. No RTI is applicable on these lairs. PMO also can do nothing on such companies. For someone a vehicle may be a luxury but for me its a need for day to day life. Really, I am tired of waiting with nuisance reply from KIA/dealer
- I booked a Sonet Turbo DCT very happily on 10 oct 2020, salesman committed lead time was 3 to 4 wks. And then getting daily updates .. its allocated.. its in transit.. its going to be thr next week..... (beleiving tht i sold my existing car off)... but, as of today 14 Jan 2021.. i ve no update when the 'next week' will come.. And as you all guys may have done.. sent VOC mail to KIA customer service... usual reply 'we apologize for delay.. you ll get your car soon' .. but, still don't know .. when tht 'soon' will come..If anyone can suggest some astrologers.. it ll be highly appreciated.(BTB... i went on to buy a new i10.. by last of week of Dec... ultimately, there is a limit to take the wrath from spouse :) )
- Kia Sonet boasts good build quality same as its bigger sibling, the Seltos. The Seltos SUV has scored a 5-star rating in the ANCAP (Australasian New Car Assessment Program) Safety crash tests. On the safety front, the Sonet features six airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors with a rearview camera, electronic stability control, and a tyre pressure monitoring system.
- Actually only 2 star, it only got 8.03 points which is just pass for 2 star rating... 5 to 8 points is 2 star and 8 to 11 points is 3 star....
- I'm not personally looked into rating but i'll go with 3 star rating still its not bad at all compared biggest car maker of India
- The electric sunroof is available from the HTX variant of the tech-line and the GTX Plus variant of GT-line trim. Kia Sonet is priced in the range of Rs. 6.71 - 11.99 Lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Click on the link and select your city accordingly in order to check the estimated on-road price.
- My budget is 8lakh which car is better hundai venue or kia
- My budget is 8lakh which car is better hundai venue or kia
5 Other Things You Might Want To Do
Kia Car Dealers in DelhiChange City
Safdarjung Enclave, A2/8, New Delhi, Delhi 110029
Lajpat Nagar 2, B-33, New Delhi, Delhi 110024
Mohan Cooperative Area, B1/A9, New Delhi, Delhi 110020
B 95, Wazirpur, Industrial Area, New Delhi, Delhi 110052
What is the price of Kia Sonet Top Variant in 2022?
The 2022 ex-showroom price of top variant of Kia Sonet is 13.69 Lakh (Delhi).
What is the mileage of Kia Sonet in 2022?
The ARAI claimed mileage of Kia Sonet is 18.4 Kmpl. Also check User Reported Mileage of Sonet.
What is the EMI of Kia Sonet in Delhi?
The EMI for the base variant of Kia Sonet in Delhi is Rs. 13,444 per month @ 10.5% for a tenure of 60 months.
What are the top competitors of Kia Sonet?
What is the boot space in Kia Sonet?
The boot space in Kia Sonet is 392 L. View full specification of Sonet
What are the best financing options for Kia Sonet?
Is Kia Sonet better than Hyundai Venue?
63% users have chosen Kia Sonet over Hyundai Venue in a survey being conducted on zigwheels.com. Check out User rating comparisons.
Is Kia Sonet better than Kia Seltos?
53% users have chosen Kia Sonet over Kia Seltos in a survey being conducted on zigwheels.com. Check out User rating comparisons.
Recently Viewed Models
From The Community
Q. How many airbag available in Kia Sonet Diesel AT A ...
Asked by Satish Patil 1 Answers
Q. Details of the base variant of Sonet, like price a ...
Asked by Tulu Bhol 1 Answers
Q. Difference between 1.5 HTK Plus Diesel and 1.5 HTK ...
Asked by Abdul Kadir 1 Answers
Q. Which car is better, Sonet and EcoSport?
Asked by Dk Mohnani 1 Answers
Q. Which car is better, Sonet or XL6?
Asked by Senthil Nathan 1 Answers
Q. Is HTX variant worth to buy?
Asked by Chinmaya Bharadwaj 1 Answers
Q. Is HTK Plus variant worth to buy?
Asked by Ashok Reddy 1 Answers
Q. I want to know the details of this car?
Asked by Cute Bajaj 1 Answers
Q. Does HTK Plus iMT variant feature hill hold?
Asked by Murugaanand Rammoorthy 1 Answers
Q. Can I install CNG kit in Kia Sonet?
Asked by Kaushal Koshti 1 Answers
Kia Sonet Road Tests
Kia Sonet Service Cost
|Petrol (5 years)||Rs. 16,111|
|1.0 Petrol (5 years)||Rs. 16,746|
|Diesel (5 years)||Rs. 19,900|